Sunday, February 26, 2012

Houston - We have Germination :)

4 days into the experiment of trying to grow all of my seedlings for this Spring's garden hydroponically, I had some tomato's sprouting!

I have to admit .... I am a garden geek! I came home from work everyday last week and eagerly went and checked my seeds, anxiously checking for some sprouts. I was rewarded on the 4th day with a few little tomato sprouts!

1st sprouts of tomato seeds 
One of the things I love about this time of the year is watching the daily changes in the small plants!

How are your seedlings doing?

2 comments:

  1. Round one is sprouting for me right now and my tomatoes have their first true leaves. Now it is suppose to snow here tomorrow in northern California...glad they are in the heated greenhouse, but how long till they can come out to play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ferne, we've been having some whacky weather here in VA too.... last Monday we had 4" of snow on the ground and then on Friday it was almost 80 degrees!! I'm jealous of a heated greenhouse :) I just got a cold frame, pretty excited to try it out! I hope they can come out to play sooner rather than later, I'm already excited about this years garden!

    I love this tool to help me figure out when the plants come out to play
    http://www.thevegetablegarden.info/resources/planting-schedules/zones-7-8-planting-schedule

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete