Friday, June 24, 2011

What to do with too many jalapenos?

So if I had to recommend a jalapeno plant, it would be this "Mucho Nacho" plant I've got this year, its a huge producer, but in order to help keep it producing, I have a plethora of jalapenos I've picked :)

So one of my new favorite things to do with them is make popcorn. Ever had jalapeno popcorn? Yum!!

2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (gives it a buttery/nutty flavor throughout)
1 jalapeno sliced
3/4 cup popcorn

1. Heat up the olive oil in a large bottomed pan (I used my stock pot on Med-High heat)
2. Put the sliced jalapeno's in once its hot
3. Cook the jalapenos until they're close to crispy
4. Add the popcorn and start shaking
5. Keep shaking every few seconds to keep the kernels from sticking to the bottom and burning
6. Keep on the heat and shaking until there is about 1 sec between popping
7. Remove from heat and pour into a heat proof bowl
8. Toss with melted butter (optional) and salt
9 Voila! Yummy japaloeno popcorn with your freshly grown jalapenos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment