Saturday, July 2, 2011

Plant Rescue

I've recently discovered a great way to add some color to my yard for a fraction of the costs! Does anyone else out there "plant rescue"? Our local Lowes seems to be quick to throw perfectly good plants and flowers into the clearance bins. (Not that I'm complaining)

This all started for me a few weeks ago, when I found a pretty sad looking pink geranium normally $9.99 in the clearance rack for only $2.00!! I took a closer look at it, and it had good bones if you will, they had just neglected to care for the dying leaves and flower heads. So I scooped it up, took it home and its doing wonderfully in my yard.

Checked again yesterday, and they had a bunch of planters which retailed for $20.00 with three large red geraniums in them. Truthfully, they didn't look much worse than the ones they were selling for the $20.00, but these were marked down to $3.50!!

This is what it looked like when I got it, like I said, truthfully not that bad.


And with no joke only 5 min of pruning it looked like this


So there is my little tip for you today, run don't walk to your local Lowes or Home Depot "clearance" garden section and see what you can pick up... it'll save you a bundle!

No comments:

Post a Comment