I threw together this marinade from a few ingredients I had lying around from my garden in addition to the lime thyme... I was a little skeptical at first, but was pleasantly surprised by the final result
|Ingredients for Marinade|
2 Chili Peppers (I used 1 jalapeno an 1 red chili pepper from the garden) sliced
4 Crushed Garlic cloves
3 Tbsp Olive Oils
Herbs (any would work)
- Several Sprigs of Lime Thyme
1 Scallion thinly sliced (I threw that in after the picture was taken)
1. Juice 3 Limes into a bow
2. Add in sliced chili peppers, sliced scallions and crushed garlic
3. Add olive oil
4. Pour Marinade over chicken in a ziploc bag
5. Add fresh herbs whole into the bag as well
6. Seal bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator
7. Once your grill is hot, pull out the chicken and top with a pinch of salt and pepper
8. Grill over high heat for 3 min/side
9. Put chicken off to the side or lower heat for 10 min (I did it on a charcoal grill and just put it to the side)
10. Let it rest, and enjoy :)
I really was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and juiciness of the chicken!
Maybe next weekend I'll have to try something different with the herbs...
Hope you're having a great weekend!